Error during data gathering process RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Just beginning to look at migrating from 2007 to 2012. I am gathering data from my only primary site server but get an error when I start the process. 'Failed to gather data. The data gathering process failed'

in the migmctrl.log I have found these errors:

ERROR: [Worker]: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A .NET Framework error occurred during execution of user-defined routine or aggregate "fnSCCMMultiByteToWideChar": System.ArgumentException: Culture ID 1252 (0x04E4) is not a supported culture. Parameter name: culture System.ArgumentException: at System.Globalization.CultureTableRecord.GetCultureTableRecord(Int32 cultureId, Boolean useUserOverride) at System.Globalization.CultureInfo..ctor(Int32 culture, Boolean useUserOverride) at Microsoft.SystemsManagementServer.SQLCLR.SMSUtil.Utility_DBCSToWideChar(SqlInt32 lcid, SqlBinary multiBytes) . at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.HasMoreRows() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ReadInternal(Boolean setTimeout) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlBulkCopy.ReadFromRowSource() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlBulkCopy.WriteToServerInternal() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlBulkCopy.WriteRowSourceToServer(Int32 columnCount) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlBulkCopy.WriteToServer(IDataReader reader) at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.MigrationManager.MigrationRepository.BulkCopyDataAndGetResult[T](Snapshot snapshot, SqlDataReader dataReader, Dictionary`2 parameters, Int64& total, Func`2 result, Boolean doNotDrop) at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.MigrationManager.MigrationRepository.BulkCopyData[T](Snapshot snapshot, SqlDataReader dataReader, Dictionary`2 parameters, Int64& total, Func`2 result, Boolean doNotDrop) at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.MigrationManager.MigrationRepository.BulkCopyData[T](Snapshot snapshot, SqlDataReader dataReader, Dictionary`2 parameters, Int64& total, Func`2 result) at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.MigrationManager.SyncAgentJob.<SyncObjectsInformation>d__25.MoveNext()

ERROR: [Worker]: Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.Migration.MigrationException: 1 exceptions occurred during syncing. at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.MigrationManager.SyncAgentJob.<get_ExecutionPlan>d__7.MoveNext() at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.MigrationManager.Job`1.ExecuteNext()

ERROR: [MigMCtrl]: FAILED to EXECUTE job. error = Unknown error 0x80131500, 80131500

I have .Net Franework 3.5 and 4 installed on the 2012 site server.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jay

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 1:00 PM

Answers

• I had the same error, this is the only result in the Google. In my case the log file was attempting to query the metering rules. My fix was to run a query on the source site database for metering rules with the specified LanguageId, for me that was 1003. I deleted the listed rule and the data gathering completed.

Query:

SELECT     *
    FROM         v_MeteredProductRule
    WHERE LanguageId = 1003

Chris Summers

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 12:24 PM

All replies

• It failed because the account you have does not have the permissions necessary to run the store procedure to convert fnSCCMMultiByteToWideChar.  Use a different account that has more privileges or grant necessary privileges to perform this action.  More can be found here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg712313.aspx
    Thursday, May 24, 2012 4:00 PM
  • It failed because the account you have does not have the permissions necessary to run the store procedure to convert fnSCCMMultiByteToWideChar.  Use a different account that has more privileges or grant necessary privileges to perform this action.  More can be found here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg712313.aspx

Thanks for the reply but I can't see that this is the problem. I am using my own domain account to do the data gathering. I am a full administrator on the 2012 site server, a full admin on the source 2007 site system and a sysadmin on the SQL database.

Even though the job fails I am still able to discover 404 objects and 745 clients. (prob not far off completion)

But still I get this error and the process as a whole is listed as failed.

Jay

Friday, May 25, 2012 8:12 AM
  • I had the same error, this is the only result in the Google. In my case the log file was attempting to query the metering rules. My fix was to run a query on the source site database for metering rules with the specified LanguageId, for me that was 1003. I deleted the listed rule and the data gathering completed.

Query:

SELECT     *
    FROM         v_MeteredProductRule
    WHERE LanguageId = 1003

Chris Summers

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 12:24 PM
  • Thank you! It's working!
    Friday, February 15, 2013 7:09 AM
  • Hi Chris,

I am running a SCCM Migration and it is giving me the same Error.

Can you tell me what query you used to find out the culprit language ID=1003?

Ranajoy Dutta

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 11:12 AM
  • Hi Chris,

I am running a SCCM Migration and it is giving me the same Error.

Can you tell me what query you used to find out the culprit language ID=1003?

Ranajoy Dutta

What is wrong with the query listed above?

Garth Jones

Blog: http://www.enhansoft.com/blog Old Blog: http://smsug.ca/blogs/garth_jones/default.aspx

Twitter: @GarthMJ Book: System Center Configuration Manager Reporting Unleased

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 2:47 PM