none
How to search yellow pages business names from context menu using google search RRS feed

• Question

• Hello friends

Level of Experienced with PCs: A little bit less than Intermediate

System Details:   Dell P4, XP Pro 2002 with SP3, IE 7, Default Search Provider: Google, "Add-ons Currently Loaded in Internet Explorer" window in "Managed Add-Ons" has all default Microsoft Add-ons are disabled except "Search" & "Shockwave Flash Object", Do NOT know much about "Research" & "Accelerator".

Current Behaviour:   Sometimes in yellow pages business names are listed in URL format with no website listed for that business. When I select business name by dragging left mouse-click and then right-clicking, context menu will appear. I can see "Search" context menu, but when i click on that, new window opens up with only one legilimate yellow pages entry for that particular business.

My Objective:   I want that new window opens up as if I had typed that business name in google search engine.

Help please.

Friday, March 9, 2012 2:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

“My Objective:   I want that new window opens up as if I had typed that business name in google search engine.”

This behavior is controlled by Google search engine, you could post this question to Google support site:
    http://support.google.com/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=portal_contact_options.cs

Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

William Tan

TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, March 16, 2012 8:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by Leo HuangModerator Friday, March 30, 2012 1:54 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by vish panchal Sunday, April 8, 2012 4:32 PM
    Tuesday, March 13, 2012 1:39 AM
  • Hi Zhen tan

Thanks for reply.

But how about putting an entry in the context menu along with other items. That entry should bringing up another tab and in that tab search list should appear.

Dont you think that one can trick windows by putting entry in context menu and by clicking on that entry, it execute google search (YOUR default search engine) and give a command to google search to search for copied text.

Is it possible to trick windows?

Sunday, April 8, 2012 4:45 PM