How to enqueue files in a playlist in WMP11 RRS feed

• Question

• I just recently switched from Winamp to Windows Media Player 11, which seems to work pretty well so far, but one thing I'm missing from Winamp is the enqueue function. Basically, if I have my playlist up and decide that I want "Summer of '69" plays after "Hotel California", I could search those two songs in my playlist and use the enqueue function then the songs would play in that order. These songs are not already in that order in the playlist. For example in this case the playlist is structured like all the Bryan Adams songs together [which includes Summer of '69] and all the Eagles songs together [including Hotel California]. Is there a way I can do this thing in Windows media player
    Sunday, June 26, 2011 1:53 PM

All replies

• Right-lick on the song(s) and click "Play Next" or click "Add to...  Playlist", depending on what you want.  "Play next" will insert the song(s) into your current playlist after the song that's currently playing.  Add to Playlist will add the song(s) to the end of the current playlist.  Or don't I understand your question?
    Sunday, June 26, 2011 2:18 PM
  • Right-lick on the song(s) and click "Play Next" or click "Add to...  Playlist", depending on what you want.  "Play next" will insert the song(s) into your current playlist after the song that's currently playing.  Add to Playlist will add the song(s) to the end of the current playlist.  Or don't I understand your question?

thanks for the reply dude. I don't want to mess with my playlist. I want to remain it as it is. What winamp has is, there's an enque file options in playlist mode. 

for example my playlist has 10 tracks playing as 1, 2 ,3,4

In the eneque mode, a sepearate window comes in which i can change the order of the songs that r gonna play next. so i've played 1,2,3,4, i use the enque command and add the songs like this

10, 6, 5,8. these tracks will now play in this order. But my playlist will remain as it is. 

Thursday, August 25, 2011 4:51 AM
  • It won't change your saved playlist.  It is an ad-hoc playlist.  The playlist will only change if you click "Save List" above the playlist.
    [string](0..9|%{[char][int](32+("39826578840055658268").substring(($_*2),2))})-replace "\s{1}\b"
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 4:58 AM