Can this live side by side with SCCM on one server? RRS feed

• Question

• Quite literally what the title says, can I install both these on the same server?
    Tuesday, October 19, 2010 9:02 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for the post.

Yes, we can install FCS on the SCCM 2007 R2 server, but we also need to meet the system requirements mentioned in the following article:

http://www.microsoft.com/forefront/clientsecurity/en/us/system-requirements.aspx

Hope this helps.

Miles

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miles Zhang Friday, October 22, 2010 7:42 AM
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 8:23 AM
  • Maybe we can, personaly I never tested this case because I feel that it is not a supported senario : SCCM + FCS server components + MOM 2005 + SQL with 2 DBs and 2 RS instances ... on same box !!! I don't like it and I never recommend it and it's my opinion.
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 9:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you give us more details about what you need exactly ??? Personnaly I cannot understand your query, sorry

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 10:21 AM
  • I have an existing SCCM 2007 R2 server.

I need to set up a Forefront server.

I do not want to build a new VM (server) and incur it's associated licensing costs and overhead.

Can I install and rely on Forefront Client Security on the SCCM 2007 R2 server?

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 1:12 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the post.

Yes, we can install FCS on the SCCM 2007 R2 server, but we also need to meet the system requirements mentioned in the following article:

http://www.microsoft.com/forefront/clientsecurity/en/us/system-requirements.aspx

Hope this helps.

Miles

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 8:23 AM
  • Maybe we can, personaly I never tested this case because I feel that it is not a supported senario : SCCM + FCS server components + MOM 2005 + SQL with 2 DBs and 2 RS instances ... on same box !!! I don't like it and I never recommend it and it's my opinion.
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 9:11 PM
  • Hi,

As Bechir mentioned, it's definitely not a best practice for production environment; however, there is no components collision between FCS and SCCM, we may try it on Lab Environemnt if you want.

Thanks,

Miles

Thursday, October 21, 2010 1:50 AM