none
Windows 10 Education, Domain, OneDrive? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I manage desktops at a school and we have Windows 10 Education. Our PC's are joined to a domain, some faculty and staff like to connect their Microsoft Accounts to their desktops in order to have file syncing with OneDrive of their personal and school related files. This worked fine in Windows 8 & 8.1 Enterprise. In Windows 10 Education, after joining their Microsoft account to their domain account, OneDrive files do not sync. OneDrive never even appears in the notification bar and can't be opened up in any fashion. Is there any way to fix this?
    Wednesday, August 12, 2015 6:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Is this problem occurs on all of these computers? If that it is, this can be caused by OneDrive blocked by Firewall, please check Firewall settings if there is something wrong with it.

On the other hand, try to access OneDrive website for test if it work. This method can help us narrow down root cause of this problem.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 14, 2015 7:48 AM
  • This problem has occurred on all computers with Windows 10. This is not a firewall issue as I have placed the computer outside the firewall to test that also it works fine with Windows 8.1 behind the same firewall. OneDrive's website works fine.

The issue is clearly with Windows 10 itself. I can connect the Microsoft account fine. All other settings such as desktop background and profile picture are synced fine. OneDrive setup just never runs after the Microsoft account is joined to the domain account, and OneDrive never appears in the notification area. I also cannot open up OneDrive from the start menu.
    Friday, August 14, 2015 6:08 PM
  • HOW DO YOU SIGN IN? WITH YOU OFFICE 365 ACCOUNT? OR?
    Sunday, August 16, 2015 7:03 PM
  • I Sign in with a standard Microsoft Account. I have also noticed that the OneDrive app just seems to disappear once you join a computer to the domain.
    Tuesday, August 18, 2015 3:05 PM
  • Is there anyone who can help me with this?
    Sunday, August 23, 2015 1:17 PM
  • try sign in with an office 365 account if you have one
    Thursday, September 10, 2015 12:15 AM
  • This problem has occurred on all computers with Windows 10. This is not a firewall issue as I have placed the computer outside the firewall to test that also it works fine with Windows 8.1 behind the same firewall. OneDrive's website works fine.

The issue is clearly with Windows 10 itself. I can connect the Microsoft account fine. All other settings such as desktop background and profile picture are synced fine. OneDrive setup just never runs after the Microsoft account is joined to the domain account, and OneDrive never appears in the notification area. I also cannot open up OneDrive from the start menu.

I have the exact same issue. Surface Pro 4 64 bit windows 10. When I joined the domain, onedrive folder and icon disappeared. It does not matter if I login with the domain account or Microsoft account. The onedrive folder with exe file exists under the appdata\local and all my files are still there under the users\myuser\onedrive. But, onedrive is not running in the background nor its icon appears in the taskbar.

Did anyone find a solution for this issue?

Thursday, September 8, 2016 4:12 PM