none
I cannot remove split on this task RRS feed

All replies

• First IS,

There are several issues with your file. There are no resources assigned so why are all tasks fixed units? Normally, in this scenario all tasks would be fixed duration.

The reason you cannot remove the split on task 20 is because the stated percent complete is greater than the time period from the start of the task to the time the task was stopped due to the split. The actual percent complete needs to be equal to or less than 38.59% in order to remove the split.

I suggest you do the following. First, since there are no predecessors, lock the task with a Start-no-earlier-than constraint. Second, set the percent compete to zero or some value less than 39%. Third, move the split parts back together. Fourth, re-apply the 39% complete.

I notice there are several split tasks in your file so a similar issue may show up on other tasks. The same process above can be used to resolve the issue.

Hope this helps.

John

Thursday, May 25, 2017 5:08 PM
  • First go to the tracking table and make a note of the actual start and actual duration, in case you need them later. Then just set the task progress to zero %, set duration to 0. Then type in the duration estimate, then update progress in the tracking table.
    Friday, May 26, 2017 12:44 AM
  • Thank you. This is correctly what i need.
    Friday, May 26, 2017 7:12 AM
  • First IS,

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback.

John

Friday, May 26, 2017 1:05 PM