none
Routing Issue Between Two Servers and a VPN

Question

• I am attempting to route an ip for a vpn from server1 to server2 that has a vpn connection. The ip of the vpn is 10.60.0.50 and I can ping it just fine from server2 which is the server that the connection is set up on. On server1 I ran a route -p add 10.60.0.50 MASK 255.255.255.255 10.31.55.38. I have several other connections set up this way and I can ping and tracert successfully to the vpn ips. Howerver, for 10.60.0.50 I cannot. When running a tracert it shows the gateway 10.31.55.38 that it is attempting to hit but will not resolve beyond that. Any help is appreciated on this. Let me know what other information i can provide to assist. Thanks!

Monday, June 11, 2018 10:34 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your question.

Based on your specific situationI need to confirm some information with you so that we could find more clue and resolve it effectively.

l  What I understand: server1 is VPN server, and server 2 is VPN client.

l  What are the addresses of the VPN server both on the intranet and extranet?

l  What is the IP address of server2, is it 10.31.55.38?

l  If possible, please describe the topology of the VPN connection and a screenshot of the tracert.

Hope you have a nice day!

Best regards,

Travis

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 8:53 AM