OLAP Cube Builde error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

when i am bulding OLAP cube in Project server ,i have get error,please check below italic font

===== Initiating OLAP database build process =====
    [7/25/2013 10:47 AM] Cube build request message has been added to the Project Server queue
    ===== Verifying and running pre-build server event handler =====
    [7/25/2013 10:47 AM] Verifying and running pre-build server event handler
    ===== Determining database and OLAP database structure =====
    [7/25/2013 10:47 AM] Cube build initialization started
    [7/25/2013 10:47 AM] OLAP database and cube structure was determined successfully
    ===== Building database and cubes =====
    [7/25/2013 10:47 AM] Cube build session started
    [7/25/2013 10:48 AM] 18 of the NT accounts that correspond to users that have 'View Olap Data' permission could not be added to the Project Server default OLAP role 'ProjectServerViewOlapDataRole'
    ===== Verifying and running post-build server event handler =====
    [7/25/2013 10:48 AM] Verifying and running post-build server event handler
    ===== Processing OLAP database =====
    [7/25/2013 10:48 AM] Process OLAP database session started
    ===== Process Completed =====
    [7/25/2013 10:48 AM] Failed to build the OLAP cubes. Error: Failed to process the Analysis Services database EPM on the EPM2010DB server. Error: OLE DB error: OLE DB or ODBC error: Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication.; 28000.
    Errors in the high-level relational engine. A connection could not be made to the data source with the DataSourceID of 'Project Reporting data source', Name of 'Project Reporting data source'.
    Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the dimension, with the ID of 'EPM', Name of 'Timesheet List' was being processed.
    Server: The current operation was cancelled because another operation in the transaction failed.

Hasan Jamal Siddiqui(MCTS,MCPD,ITIL@V3),Sharepoint and EPM Consultant,TCS

Thursday, July 25, 2013 8:22 AM

Answers

All replies

• Does the account running SQL Analysis Services have datareader access to the PWA Reporting DB?

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:53 PM
  • Hi paul,

I have used only two account one  for Database and one for SharePoint services.database account are using all reporting and other services.

but services.msc reporting service running on SharePoint account,and its running successfully also my SSRS services running successfully and deployed many report without error.

But only problem is i cant build the OLAP Cube

Hasan Jamal Siddiqui(MCTS,MCPD,ITIL@V3),Sharepoint and EPM Consultant,TCS

Thursday, July 25, 2013 7:19 PM
  • What account is running the SQL Analysis Services service? Does this account have access to the PWA Reporting DB? It will need at least db_datareader access to the PWA Reporting DB.

Paul

Thursday, July 25, 2013 7:22 PM
  • need to verify,but i thouht both user have same permission on db security,i have accing as owner both of them.

Thursday, July 25, 2013 7:25 PM
  • I would confirm what account is being used to run SQL AS, then ensure this has access to the Project Server Reporting DB

Paul

• Marked as answer by PWMatherMVP Tuesday, November 19, 2013 10:25 AM
    Thursday, July 25, 2013 7:29 PM