none
Transaction replication setup pull subscription

Question

• Hi I am in the process of configuring SQL Server 2008R3 to SQL 2014 replication(Pull subscription) reduce overhead to production.

setup plan

Server A -Production

Server B -Subscribers

Distribution DB- Server -B

All agent jobs - Server B

Replication plan through Service user "prod\replication" and has access(sysadmin) to Server A and Server B and distribution DB(DB owner)  on Server B  

What I did: I configured Distribution on Server B.

Error: When I try to create publisher(from Server A) select distribution as "Server B"  unable to connect.

Error log Server B

2018-05-31 23:49:00.53 Logon       Could not connect to server 'server B' because 'Server A' is not defined as a remote server. Verify that you have specified the correct server name.  [CLIENT: XX.XX.XX7].
    2018-05-31 23:49:45.00 Logon       Error: 18482, Severity: 16, State: 1.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

many Thanks

Friday, June 1, 2018 2:11 AM

All replies

• Hi ashwan,

-->>Could not connect to server 'server B' because 'Server A' is not defined as a remote server. Verify that you have specified the correct server name.  [CLIENT: XX.XX.XX7].

This can be caused by an improperly configured local server, please check your server status and server name form master.sysservers.

select srvid,srvstatus,srvname,srvnetname from sysservers 

Regards,

Pirlo Zhang 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 4, 2018 7:54 AM
  • What do you get when you do this on server B?

select @@ServerName?

It must be what is returned by what is returned at a command prompt when you type hostname (adjusting for non default instance names).

If it is not you must correct it.

Otherwise ensure that you have an alias configured to the remote distributor in SQL server Configuration Manager. You will need to do this for both 32 bit and 64 bit.

Monday, June 4, 2018 11:16 AM