too may network adapters? RRS feed

• Question

• I was trying to decrease the bootup time for my windows basic home system. When I went to the device manager and tried to look at the devices list I find numerous microdoft 6to4 adapters enumerated as 2,3,4,5 apart from 6TO4 Adaptor.Also I have about 7 more microsoft ISATAP adaptors apart from isatap{######etc} where # is a number. Are these adaptars additional ones and can I uninstall them, A clarification on this issue of mine is very much appreciated.
    Thanking you,
    sincerely
    Thursday, June 4, 2009 4:18 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for posting.

May I know if you use the tunnel connection applications, such as VPN? If not, we can try to help your remove the adapters.

Note: Please perform a full system backup before doing this.

I would like to share the following Knowledge Base with you:

On a Windows Vista-based computer or on a Windows Server 2008-based computer, the Microsoft ISATAP adapter appears with a yellow exclamation mark next to it in Device Manager, and you also receive an error message

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932520

Meanwhile, please capture a screenshot on Device Manager with the adapters for our further research:

Capture a screenshot

==============

1)   Press the Print Screen key (PrtScn) on your keyboard.

2)   Click the "Start" menu, type "mspaint" in the Search Bar and Press Enter.

3)   In the Paint program, click the "Edit" menu, click "Paste", click the "File" menu, and click "Save".

4)   The "Save As" dialogue box will appear. Type a file name in the "File name:" box, for example: "screenshot".

5)   Make sure "JPEG (*.JPG;*.JPEG;*.JPE;*.JFIF)" is selected in the "Save as type" box, click “Desktop” on the left pane and then click "Save".

Please use Windows Live SkyDrive (http://www.skydrive.live.com/) to upload the file and share its URL with us.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Friday, June 5, 2009 9:08 AM