incoming email RRS feed

• Question

• whenever i m sending  email to an email enabled document library it is not getting in to the drop folder , can any one pls tel me how to solve it

• Edited by divin john Friday, October 28, 2011 10:20 AM
    Friday, October 28, 2011 10:20 AM

Answers

• Are you the one who has setup the Mail Server and its related setting? Please verify if you have followed all these steps:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/manjesh/archive/2009/12/27/configuring-email-enabled-document-libraries-in-moss.aspx

And let us know whats different in your environment.

Thanks & Regards,
    Kamlesh | Blog | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, October 28, 2011 11:34 AM
  • Hi,

We need to figure this out.

To check it at the server level create a .eml file and place it manually in drop folder and then check if it is getting delivered or not.

Also in the settings of Virtual SMTP server check what all IPs are used to accept eMails.

Usually in production environment Appliances IPs are used. Check if these are correct or not.

If this is also correct then check at the appliance level whether the correct rules are configured or not.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Friday, October 28, 2011 1:40 PM

All replies

• Are you the one who has setup the Mail Server and its related setting? Please verify if you have followed all these steps:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/manjesh/archive/2009/12/27/configuring-email-enabled-document-libraries-in-moss.aspx

And let us know whats different in your environment.

Thanks & Regards,
    Kamlesh | Blog | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, October 28, 2011 11:34 AM
  • Hi,

We need to figure this out.

To check it at the server level create a .eml file and place it manually in drop folder and then check if it is getting delivered or not.

Also in the settings of Virtual SMTP server check what all IPs are used to accept eMails.

Usually in production environment Appliances IPs are used. Check if these are correct or not.

If this is also correct then check at the appliance level whether the correct rules are configured or not.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Friday, October 28, 2011 1:40 PM
  • Can any one pls tell me how can i check if SMTP server is running properly or not and how to restart SMTP services
    • Edited by divin john Tuesday, November 8, 2011 7:16 AM
    Tuesday, November 8, 2011 6:35 AM