none
Microsoft Project MPP Date Range Prompt RRS feed

• Question

•  am working with a Microsoft Project MPP File.  When I open the MPP file,  a prompt window will popup and it asks to select a date range.  the prompt window indicates:
    Date Range: "Show tasks that start or Finish after",  and then you have to choose a date .Then a second prompt will indicate: Date Range: "And Before" and you have to choose a second date. I am trying to get rid of this setting / date prompts when I work with this file
    I tried changing from automated scheduling to manual scheduling and then saving the file again with a different name but it didn't work.   Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    • Edited by Ven11 Sunday, February 16, 2020 3:47 AM
    Sunday, February 16, 2020 3:47 AM

Answers

• Ven 11,

It appears the file has been saved with the default "Date range..." filter (or a similar custom filter) applied.  The next time you open the file, clear the filter before re-saving it.  The command is found in the Data group of the View ribbon/tab.

Good luck, tom

• Marked as answer by Ven11 Monday, February 17, 2020 1:48 AM
    Sunday, February 16, 2020 12:33 PM

All replies

• Ven 11,

It appears the file has been saved with the default "Date range..." filter (or a similar custom filter) applied.  The next time you open the file, clear the filter before re-saving it.  The command is found in the Data group of the View ribbon/tab.

Good luck, tom

• Marked as answer by Ven11 Monday, February 17, 2020 1:48 AM
    Sunday, February 16, 2020 12:33 PM
  • Tom,

Thanks very much for your assistance. I will give this a try and post the results.

Thanks. 

• Edited by Ven11 Sunday, February 16, 2020 3:39 PM
    Sunday, February 16, 2020 3:37 PM
  • Tom your solution worked. Thanks very much!
    Monday, February 17, 2020 1:48 AM