none
Excel 2016 Print Preview VBA Error RRS feed

• Question

• If one pastes a larger picture in an Excel workbook and then uses VBA code to print preview the sheet such as ActiveSheet.printpreview an error occurs. Only half the picture appears in the print preview window. I have made sure that page setup would print the entire picture on a single page. This error appeared after a recent update.  This error does not happen using the exact same workbook in Excel 2007 or 2010. I have tried several different computers and get the same result.

Has anyone else experienced this error or know the status for a fix?

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 2:33 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Did it work fine in Word or other Office applications?

Please provide the whole VBA code and the build number about your Excel.

I will try to test this problem, please provide more information.

I'm glad to help you.

Regards,
    Emi Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 22, 2016 9:13 AM
  • Emi,

To duplicate the issue, open Excel, paste a picture (enhanced metafile) that is about the height of the page.

The VBA code is activesheet.printpreview. Only half of the graphic will appear in the print preview. You can get the whole graphic to appear if you vastly reduce the scaling. The page breaks on the sheet, page layout view, or printing the sheet suggest that reducing the scaling to roughly 75% should not be necessary. It has been present in builds since September. My latest build is Version 1609 (Build 7369.2038). This build has a number of known issues that affect VBA controls but the issue started before this build.

In MS Word, the activedocument.printpreview works.

Best Wishes,
    Lance

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 2:33 PM
  • I have exactly the same problem and are struggling with printpreview for two days now. I have a program that has been working in all versions of Excel starting 97, but all at a sudden printpreview works completely different. Most of it I can get arround, but not the above problem. Did you already find a solution?

Saturday, January 28, 2017 6:42 PM
  • I have not been able to find a solution. Sorry. The only way I found around it was to show the spreadsheet in page layout view for 15 seconds then close it. It sort of looks like print preview.
    Tuesday, February 14, 2017 4:43 PM