none
checkpoint Package does not respect NAMESPACEs RRS feed

• Question

• Yesterday I did a project which used the "checkpoint" package for Reproducible Analyses, but I encountered the following problems when using the same Script in other computer:

By using:

checkpoint("2018-07-01")

The problems where:

A) The packages for that Date did not install correctly, and the execution failed, this was due to the fact that I had to update / re-install the checkpoint package to a newer version.

B) The packages where downloaded and installed finally for that specific snapshot (Date), but the Code did not execute correctly, because the Package in the NAMESPACE where not the ones in the snapshot, but packages in my System Library.

So I am quite disappointed, because "checkpoint" package does not make scripts really "reproducible" :(

Any tips for fixing the problems above?

Best,

Juan

Tuesday, July 3, 2018 6:32 AM

All replies

• Hello Juan,

Can you provide some sample R code that shows the different behavior you are seeing from what you expected?

Which packages did not get added to the new checkpoint directory that got created?

Can you consistently recreate the problem on this machine?

Tuesday, July 3, 2018 5:25 PM
  • Maybe issue could be due to using CRAN instead of MRAN with checkpoint....

Friday, July 27, 2018 7:58 AM
  • I have this line in my .RProfile, which might cause the issue:

options(repos = c(CRAN = "https://cloud.r-project.org/"))

This shall be overrided by MRAN for installing the subdependencies when using "checkpoint" package.

Monday, August 6, 2018 6:43 AM
  • I have this line in my .RProfile, which might cause the issue:

options(repos = c(CRAN = "https://cloud.r-project.org/"))

This shall be overrided by MRAN for installing the subdependencies when using "checkpoint" package.

Monday, August 6, 2018 6:44 AM
  • Maybe due to subfolders... :S Do not know really, but the case is that I have to use packrat instead of checkpoint...
    Monday, August 20, 2018 6:38 AM