Win7 unable to bring up apps after they are minimized - they are on task bar but when hovering the icon, the ballons flicker RRS feed

• Question

• so when i have multiple apps minimized on Win7, I am not able to bring them back up when using the mouse. when i hover over the app on the task bar, the balloon is giving a ghost image and i am not able to select it.

i can use the windows key and tab buttons to go thru the open apps, but I would like to use the mouse again for this.

client is using Kaspersky for their AV it is a Dell Vostro tower with 4gb of ram and plenty of disk space.

what I did is:

i shut down and restarted

I logged in as another user - issue shows up as different user so not user profile issue

update the video drivers

replaced the mouse

googled and looked for answers

any ideas that i can try, seems like a simple fix but it is not so far.

Thursday, September 12, 2013 1:35 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please try system restore to fix this issue:

Before you start System Restore, save any open files and close all programs. System Restore will restart your PC.

1. Open System Restore by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type System Restore, and then, in the list of results, click System Restore. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    2. Follow the steps in the wizard to choose a restore point and restore your computer.

For more information, please refer to the following article:

System Restore

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/system-restore

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Karen Hu Friday, September 13, 2013 9:01 AM update
    • Marked as answer by Karen Hu Monday, September 23, 2013 1:08 AM
    Friday, September 13, 2013 8:59 AM