none
Simple question on BMR stats RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a place to see how much data the BMR data sends to the DPM server? The task doesn't show the data transfer like it does for regular protection tasks. I'm guessing this is because wbadmin streams the data to the DPM server. Does wbadmin log how much data is sent? Or is it in some other log? We're testing the BMR configuration locally which is really great. But wanted to see the stats before we run a remote test.
    Rob
    • Moved by Larry Yin Wednesday, March 28, 2012 10:33 PM (From:DPM 2012 Beta - Locked)
    Saturday, January 21, 2012 3:19 PM

Answers

• I didn't see the stats in the logs but I found it was easy to get them from the wbadmin.msc UI. If you highlight the backup trigged by DPM, click details and it gives you the stats on the backup. Thanks for the tip.
    Rob
    • Marked as answer by ip-rob Monday, January 23, 2012 1:57 AM
    Monday, January 23, 2012 1:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I don't know if windows backup logs the size of BMR backup -  Windows 2008 backup logs are located in the %windir%\logs\WindowsServerBackup folder.

If not evident, you can ask the Windows folks in the Windows server backup forum here:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsbackup

As noted, the DPM agent is not doing the data transfer, so there is no way to report data transferred in the DPM console.  The used space on the replica volume should be an accurate indication of what was transfered after each backup because the backup files are overwritten any time a BMR backup or consistency check is ran.

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, January 23, 2012 12:43 AM
  • I didn't see the stats in the logs but I found it was easy to get them from the wbadmin.msc UI. If you highlight the backup trigged by DPM, click details and it gives you the stats on the backup. Thanks for the tip.
    Rob
    • Marked as answer by ip-rob Monday, January 23, 2012 1:57 AM
    Monday, January 23, 2012 1:57 AM