SQL Server to Azure Migration stops on Error Deploy72002 RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to migrate a SQL Server db to Azure and have come across a few errors but one I have been unable to solve. Hopefully someone can lend a hand.

I am simply using the "Deploy Database to SQL Azure" in SSMS.  Everything will be working fine, the db is created, the tables are created and the data is being migrated until it gets to a certain table and stops with an error that states:

Error Deploy72002: Bacpac Table header does not match. '[dbo].[UserTitle]' does not match '[dbo].[UserTitle/AdminAccess]'

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 3:21 AM

Answers

• Hi Voyagr12,

According to your description, you want to migrate a on premise SQL Server database to Azure SQL database. I make a test using the Deploy Database to SQL Azure Wizard, everything works as expected and I migrate the database successfully. Please make sure that you have performed  the following steps.

1. Create a SQL Database Server  with your login and password in Windows Azure Management portal.
    2. Open SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) and connect to the on premise server. Right click the database you want to move, click Tasks, Deploy Database to SQL Azure.
    3. Click Next at the introduction window until you are at the Deployment Settings screen. On the Deployment Settings screen click Connect to connect to your SQL Azure Server that you created in Step 1.
    4. Make sure you adjust the Maximum database size to the desired amount and click Next.
    5. View the Summary page and click Finish.

Please note that each table being exported has to have a clustered index and cannot contain extended properties, for more details, please review this blog.

Besides, I would like to recommend you use other methods to move an on premise database to Azure SQL database, such as using Export/Import Data-tier application, Generate and Publish Scripts Wizard and so on, then check if it is successful. More options are described in this article: Migrating Databases to Azure SQL Database.

For SQL Azure issues, you can also post the question in the Azure SQL Database forum at https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/azure/en-US/home?forum=ssdsgetstarted. It is appropriate and more experts will assist you.

Thanks,
    Lydia Zhang

Lydia Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 2:59 AM