none
How to solve "User Account Control" ?

Question

• Hello.

I installed "Turbo VPN" and when I want to open it the it asking me administrator username and password. Something like it.

I don't like to add the user in "Administrator" group. Any idea?

Thank you.

Sunday, January 7, 2018 12:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Windows.Geek.

You could either change user account control settings (read the Microsoft Knowledge Base article 975787) or check the option to run the program as administrator (i.e.: having elevated privileges without adding the account to the Administrators group) in the Compatibility tab of the program's executable file properties.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Sunday, January 7, 2018 6:51 PM
  • https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff431742.aspx

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 8, 2018 7:59 AM
  • Thank you but not worked. I guess the user must add to admin group because "VPN" want to make a Virtual NIC !!!!
    Sunday, January 14, 2018 12:24 PM
  • https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff431742.aspx

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

I can't find "
    • To apply the setting to all users on the computer and regardless of which shortcut is used to start the application, click Change Setting For All Users to display the Properties dialog box for the application’s .exe file, select the Run This Program As An Administrator check box, and then click OK twice

"

Sunday, January 14, 2018 12:25 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry to reply to you late. There is a way that you can allow a standard user run an application as administrator.

Here are some steps:

1.Make sure the administrator account is enabled.

2.Right click the desktop to create a shortcut.

3.Enter the command:

runas /user:ComputerName\Administrator /savecred “C:\Path\To\Program.exe“

Example:

runas /user:Laptop\Administrator /savecred “C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe”

4.Customize the shortcut.

5.The first time you double-click your shortcut, you’ll be prompted to enter the Administrator account’s password. This password will be saved – the next time you double-click the shortcut, the application will launch as Administrator without asking you for a password.

Good luck.

Vivian

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 1:24 AM