tricky thing mailfow rule exception not bale to use IP or IP range RRS feed

• Question

• hi , I faing a tricky thing, I want to use mail flow rule to add some message on the email body.

for example, I want to add alert message if the email from external organization to inside organizarion, , and need to make some exception, if the email from hr system and printer (those email is "external", no authentication on exchange).

e.g. : my email domain is Tailwind.com , and the printer email is printer@internal.corp

so I set the rule as below is not working (except from IP or IP range)

BUT, if I change the exception by using sender email domain, it will work!

I wondering why ? how I can make the exception by IP range

thanks!!! and thanks and thanks !!!

Wednesday, July 15, 2020 8:52 AM

Answers

• I'd create a rule above that one at a higher priority that simply sets the messages from those IPs to bypass SPAM filtering and then  check the box to stop processing any further rules so they wont get the External banner
    Wednesday, July 15, 2020 11:35 AM

All replies

• I'd create a rule above that one at a higher priority that simply sets the messages from those IPs to bypass SPAM filtering and then  check the box to stop processing any further rules so they wont get the External banner
    Wednesday, July 15, 2020 11:35 AM
  • Hi, I'm here to confirm with you if your issue has been resolved. If the problem is successfully solved, you can share your solution and mark them or the helpful reply as answer, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

This Exchange Server 2016 - Mail Flow and Secure Messaging Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Regards,

Eric Yin

Exchange Server 2016 - Mail Flow and Secure Messaging Forum forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Wednesday, July 22, 2020 8:44 AM
  • yep, the this can resolved my issue, the match the IP will match the rule and stop process others rules.

But I still not figure out why in my rule, the domain can make as exception  but the IP can't.

Friday, July 24, 2020 3:52 AM