none
Task Sequence - Ask for Domain Join RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We need to ship a USB key with a MDT image + Task Sequence to deploy Windows 7.

The issue is that it will be shipped to multiple regional offices some of which have network connection to our corporate domain and some of which who don't.

So i would like during the deployment to have a window to ask users "Do you want to join this computer to the domain (Answer Yes if the computer is connected to ACME's corporate Network, otherwise select NO").

Then depending on their selection, try or do not try a domain join.

How can i achieve this?

Thanks

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 11:18 AM

Answers

• I'd go for SkipDomainMemberShip=NO in your customsettings.ini and create a DomainOUlist.xml which you can place into your scripts folder.

This way users have the choice to either join a domain, join different OU's and/or select a workgroup which they can enter.

For more information please visit this link: http://scriptimus.wordpress.com/2013/02/11/mdt-2012-domainous-list/

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

• Marked as answer by Thomas Vitoz Tuesday, May 6, 2014 6:14 PM
    Wednesday, March 19, 2014 8:22 AM

All replies

• The wizard screen will do this by default if you don't skip the wizard screen, You can also pre-populate the domain information with any details you want using defaultgateways/locations. If you don't wont to join a domain then just select a workgroup.
    Tuesday, March 18, 2014 12:19 PM
  • I'd go for SkipDomainMemberShip=NO in your customsettings.ini and create a DomainOUlist.xml which you can place into your scripts folder.

This way users have the choice to either join a domain, join different OU's and/or select a workgroup which they can enter.

For more information please visit this link: http://scriptimus.wordpress.com/2013/02/11/mdt-2012-domainous-list/

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

• Marked as answer by Thomas Vitoz Tuesday, May 6, 2014 6:14 PM
    Wednesday, March 19, 2014 8:22 AM