App-V 5.0 client error RRS feed

• Question

• I installed App-V 5.0 Server successfully. But client side I got the following error.

Error encountered while executing command Get-AppvPublishingServer | Sync-AppvPublishingServer. Error: Application Virtualization Service failed to complete requested operation.

Operation attempted: RefreshPublishingServer.

Windows Error: 0x80190191 -

Error module: Publishing. Internal error detail: 45500D2780190191.

Please consult AppV Client Event Log for more details.

Please help me to solve the same.

Kiran

Thursday, December 6, 2012 5:04 PM

All replies

• Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Thursday, December 6, 2012 5:33 PM
  • I follow the App-V 5.0 trail guide given by microsoft.

I installed Windows Server 2008 R2 Sp1 as publishing and management server, Another Copy of the server for Active Directory.

My Publishing server is http://172.168.0.5:9999 And Management Server is http://172.168.0.5:8888

In the client I installed Windows 8 and I installed App-V client.

After reboot client I click on Update button there in app-v console at client. In the event viewer I got the following error.

Error encountered while executing command Get-AppvPublishingServer | Sync-AppvPublishingServer. Error: Application Virtualization Service failed to complete requested operation.

I check the publishing server URL using the Get-AppvPublishingServer.

And I try to execute Sync-AppvPublishingServer. I got the following error msg.

Windows PowerShell
    Copyright (C) 2012 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

PS C:\Users\administrator> Sync-AppvPublishingServer

cmdlet Sync-AppvPublishingServer at command pipeline position 1
    Supply values for the following parameters:
    ServerId: 1
    Sync-AppvPublishingServer : Application Virtualization Service failed to complete requested operation.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Sync-AppvPublishingServer
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidResult: (:) [Sync-AppvPublishingServer], ClientException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : RefreshPublishingServerError,Microsoft.AppV.AppvClientPowerShell.SyncAppvPublishingServe
       r

PS C:\Users\administrator>

Help me to resolve the above issue

Friday, December 7, 2012 2:25 AM
  • Hi,

maybe a bug as reported in a previous post here.

/vkleinerde

Friday, December 7, 2012 7:07 AM
  • Hi,

Somebody submitted the bug.

But there is no solutions.

Any suggestion.

Friday, December 7, 2012 10:56 AM
  • For me this was caused by a bad application. Once i un-published this application the error no longer occured.

Friday, December 28, 2012 2:38 PM
  • Hello,

See this note for the error code;

Note When the BITS 2.0 client receives this error message, it may also receive error code 0x80190191.

HTTP 407-Proxy Authentication.

Your server is probably responding with something unexpected, due to a bad package or faulty setup, or its not successsfully communicating with the server. You haven't really specified any details about your environment or your troubleshooting methodology - so can't really hand out any specific advice.

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Tuesday, January 1, 2013 9:33 PM