none
Group Policy Results Wizard and Resultant Set of Policy Wizard Work on local machine but not remotely

Question

• I have several Windows 7 desktops that I recently disjoined from their old active directory domain and joined to a new active directory domain. Now, if I run the group policy "resultant set of policy wizard" or the "group policy results wizard", they do not work on these machines.

If I run the "resultant set of policy wizard" on the local machine while logged on as the domain admin, it works fine. If I log on to the domain controller as the domain admin and run the "resultant set of policy wizard" and configure it to connect to the desktop in question by choosing "other computer" and typing in the name and clicking "next", the "display policy settings for" option is greyed out as shown in the attached screenshot.

I have confirmed that the firewall is disabled on the machine.

This issue is happening on several machines, all of which I recently joined to the domain after destroying them from an old domain.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 7:30 AM

All replies

• Has the user user your pulling the results for logged onto the machine, this is required if they haven't it wont work.

if the user hasnt logged onthen you need to look at gp modeling not gp results

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 10:00 AM
  • Yes, they have. If I run the tool on the local machine, I see the user. If I do it remotely, I get the screenshot above.
    Tuesday, February 03, 2015 4:57 PM
  • Hi Bobby,

>>This issue is happening on several machines, all of which I recently joined to the domain after destroying them from an old domain.

Is there any relationship between the old domain and the new one? Was there any standard domain user account  from the new domain logging onto these machines? Besides, do we have other DCs in the new domain? If yes, please try it on another DC to see if the situation persists.

Best regards,
    Frank Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 05, 2015 9:09 AM
  • No, there's no relationship between the old domain and the new one. The old domain is gone.

I did try on other DC's in the new domain and all had the same issue. Run locally on the machine, the group policy result wizard works fine.

I'm not sure what you mean by "standard domain user account" but if you could please clarify your question I'd be happy to answer it.

Friday, February 06, 2015 9:20 AM
  • Install RSAT on your machine and run the gpresult - what happens?
    Friday, February 06, 2015 9:36 AM