none
Surfce rt windows store wont load windows not compatiable with this surface RRS feed

• Question

• Hi my surface rt 8.1 won't load windows store say windows is not compatible with my surface need to update windows. This happened when it did an automatic update at around 7:00.Have tried to check for updates but errors out. Checked to see what is installed and is as follows KB 2883200, KB 2889543, KB 2894029, KB 2894179.All of theses were installed on 2013 & 2014. This update before with no problem. I have tried to install the most recent update per live assistance (KB 2919355)and have not been able to get it to load. The stand alone installer say it is not compatible with  my surface.It will load but when it tries to installed fails  Any Ideas what to do?
    Tuesday, August 22, 2017 10:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Go to Windows Update setting on your Surface Settings\Change PC Settings\Update and recovery\View update history to see if the kb successfully installed at around 7:00.

To fix the Windows Store problems, please follow these steps:

1.Clear the cache by running wsreset.exe in cmd as administrator. When you execute this command, the Windows Store will launch, go blank for a couple of seconds, and finally re-open.  

2.Running the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter tool

3.Run Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth in CMD as administrator

4.re-register the Store by running the following command as administrator:

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.XML

If these suggestions can’t help, restore the Surface RT with the recovery image from Microsoft website https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-sg/support/warranty-service-and-recovery/downloadablerecoveryimage

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 23, 2017 7:45 AM