How to assign Owner/User Access automatically instead of using SCVMM/Access manually assign? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

WAP Tenant portal does not show VM and unable to manage the VM.

Background

1. We have purchased Gridpro (Resource Manager) to integrate with SCSM for approval before VM provision.

2.  Workflow is like user logon to WAP Tenant -> Go Resource (Gridpro) -> SCSM approval -> SCO runbook -> SCVMM (Create VM).

VM is able to provision after approval.  However, unable to manage the VM till I manually go SCVMM (Access tab) to add user.  By the way, this user is not domain user.  Therefore, I am unable to add the owner activity from SCO runbook.

Typically, user is something like user1@contoso.com_1234567890. The number should be plan ID and it is unique for all subscription.

Please advice.  Thanks.

Kelvin Teang

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 1:49 AM

All replies

• Hello Kelvin,

I had a similar problem, however I did not have any gridpro between requesting the VM and deploying the VM. I'm not sure if Gridpro uses objects @ WAP side which you can use to link a runbook to? Maybe there is a possibility in capturing the tenant username requesting the VM in a file and reading that file again once the request is approved using the info as inout for vmm cmdlet to add the user to the specific VM so he/she can see and use it via the tenant portal.

Very strange that Gridpro has the ability to let a user request a VM, with an approval process and all that, with an end result of that proces which doesn't enable the requestor to access the VM. Sure this is not a Gridpro problem?

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 9:07 AM
  • Hi, Did you manage to resolve your issue? If yes, please share. Gridpro does provide some ps scripts without any instructions. I'm thinking of using Sco runbook owner/update user activity, mapping from SCSM request offering such as owner to token portal user. Hopefully it works. Perhaps looking at SPF, self-service is managed by SPF if I'm not wrong. Not sure do we have SPF IP? Regards,
    • Edited by Kelvin Teang Tuesday, December 22, 2015 1:42 AM Updated some comments
    Tuesday, December 15, 2015 3:23 PM