Excel Chart Pasting Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have a strange issue happening on one computer in our office that I cannot recreate on any of the other computers with the same install of Office 2010 and the exact same files.

Usually when pasting a chart on a portrait page, word automatically sizes it to 78% and to 100% on landscape pages. The problem is now the landscape pages now are pasting at 78% and I see nothing that has changed or any way to adjust this. All the of the page zooms on Excel and Word or at 100%. I tried reinstalling the entire Office suite but that did not fix the issue. Thank you!
    Friday, September 27, 2013 4:24 PM

Answers

• Hi,

When you copy a chart from Excel into a Word document, you can re-size it to suit your needs. But if you do so, the size of text in the chart can end up either too small or too large.

To solve this problem, make the chart in Excel about the same size as you want it to appear in Word. And adjust the size of text within the chart in Excel.

If you want a chart the full width of the page, set the paper size and margins in Excel to be the same as your Word document. Then, drag the edges of the Excel chart to size it.

In Excel, you can set a precise size for a chart. To do that:

Hold down the Ctrl key and double-click the chart. That displays the Format Chart Area dialog (Figure 4). Choose Size on the left menu to display the Size pane where you can enter the size for your chart. Or, click the chart, then on the Format contextual tab, enter the size you need.

For more inforation, please read this article as a reference:

How to copy a chart from Excel into a Word document

http://shaunakelly.com/word/word-and-excel/excelchart.html

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Karen Hu Friday, October 4, 2013 1:39 AM
    Monday, September 30, 2013 3:32 AM