Installing Java 8.101 on Win7 32bit. RRS feed

• Question

• So, having a bit of an issue with this one.. Trying to install Java 8.101 on a machine running Win7 32bit. It had a previous version of Java installed - 7.something, I believe. I've uninstalled it, and tried to install the updated version to no avail. 

I've run CCleaner and RegSupreme to clean up the registry, and I uninstalled a windows update from September of 2014 that I read, somewhere, had caused issues with the Windows Installer.. It didn't help.

I've used JavaRa to verify that there isn't any lingering Java files around, and also let it try to install - Also to no avail.

The issue it's having, is that one of three things happens. 

Either 

1. I run the installer, absolutely nothing happens except the spinning-thinking-circle, for a minute. 

2. Box pops up verifying I want to run the .exe, I hit yes, and part 1 happens.

3. Box pops up verifying I want to run the .exe, I hit yes, and after a minute another box pops up saying it failed to install correctly and asks if I want to use recommended settings. Regardless of if I hit yes or no on there, nothing happens. 

I'm logged in as administrator, and I have right-clicked and ran the install file as administrator as well. 

I'm stumped on this one, guys. Can I get some tips?

Saturday, August 13, 2016 9:11 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You can check this article for further help.

What is the offline method for downloading and installing Java for a Windows computer?

https://java.com/en/download/help/windows_offline_download.xml

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

In addition, since Microsoft will not support 3<sup>rd</sup> products, I’m afraid you need to connect manufacturer for further help.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 15, 2016 9:37 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can check this article for further help.

What is the offline method for downloading and installing Java for a Windows computer?

https://java.com/en/download/help/windows_offline_download.xml

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

In addition, since Microsoft will not support 3<sup>rd</sup> products, I’m afraid you need to connect manufacturer for further help.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 15, 2016 9:37 AM
  • Hi,

We haven't heard from you in a couple of days, have you solved the problem? We are looking forward to your good news.

Best Regards,

Tao

Friday, August 19, 2016 8:35 AM