none
Announcement: Error when crawling SharePoint content with Cloud Hybrid Search Service Application in SharePoint Beta RRS feed

• General discussion

• It has come to our attention that people are experiencing crawl errors when using the Cloud Hybrid Search Service Application on the latest November release of SharePoint 2016 Beta.

This error manifests as a parser error similar to the following

The item was reported as failed by the Search Content Service. It will be retried in the next incremental crawl. ( -1 (0): Parsing error parsing invalid JSON input stream. ; SearchID = FCAC6708-6982-4BB5-9A50-11FA405DAB2F )

We have identified a change that is need to SharePoint 2016 Public Beta to fix this issue. Executing the PowerShell below will remediate this problem.

$ssa=Get-SPEnterpriseSearchServiceApplication –Identity “Your SSA Name”
    $ssa.SetProperty(“DisableGuidValueFlight”,1)
    $ssa.SetProperty(“EnableGuidValueFlight”,0)
    $ssa.Update()
    Restart-Service SPSearchHostController
    Restart-Service OSearch16

Please let us know if you experience further problems after executing this script.

Neil Hodgkinson : MSFT - SharePoint and O365 CAT Team

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 11:18 AM

All replies

• Thanks for sharing Neil. Just tested this in BETA 2 16.0.4306.1001 and it works like a charm.

Regards, Manas Biswas MSFT- SharePoint Online Escalation Services

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 11:24 AM
  • also worked for us on BETA 2 16.0.4306.1001
    Tuesday, December 22, 2015 10:58 AM
  • I got same Beta 2 (16.0.4306.1001) and this doesn't seem to work

I'm testing an outbound hybrid search

I keep getting the same error:

"General error: Microsoft.Ceres.Evaluation.DataModel.Types.SchemaException: Invalid value for long

field
       at Microsoft.Ceres.Evaluation.DataModel.BuiltInFields.PrimitiveInt64Field.set_Value(Object value)"

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 12:56 AM
  • Ali that's a different error message.

To fix this you should delete the MicroBlogType managed property in the search service application.

Note that this is a temp workaround and should not be done on production platforms as we don't have a reversal step validated. If you are in testing though its fine to go ahead and remove it.

recycle the search services and IISRESET after doing it

Neil Hodgkinson : MSFT - SharePoint and O365 CAT Team

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 1:03 AM
  • Neil.

I implemented outbound hybrid search between a SharePoint 2013 On-premises farm and SPO. Everything was working just fine about a month. Now my on-premises farm is showing the following error mentioned on this thread. 

SearchServiceApplicationProxy::Execute--Error occured: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.SearchServiceApplicationFault]: 0¾Microsoft.Ceres.Evaluation.DataModel.Types.SchemaException: Invalid value for long field    
     at Microsoft.Ceres.Evaluation.DataModel.BuiltInFields.PrimitiveInt64Field.set_Value(Object value)

Any ideas? 
    Sunday, March 13, 2016 4:05 PM
  • Have you recently upgraded your farm to Oct CU or later ? This is a known issue addressed in Feb 2016 CU. You can find additional details on the same that Neil and I mentioned here .

Regards, Manas Biswas MSFT- SharePoint Online Escalation Services

Sunday, March 13, 2016 4:12 PM
  • Manas.

We have not installed a Oct 2016 CU or later however, I just checked my build and saw something interesting happening.

Last week we applied the following Security Patches. KB3114335, KB3085567 and KB3039768

After installation of these, I see my farm build on Manage Servers shows as 15.0.4797.1000 (which is FEB2016CU if I am not mistaken). Since this number can be deceiving per Stefan Goßner's article on patching, I ran the ROISCAN and trying identify my farm build details. Still trying to understand what to look in the output file to determine my farm build level.

I am 100% sure we have not installed a CU. I am guessing one of these Security Patches caused the farm to Feb 2016CU ? or act like it did ?

• Edited by alisalih Sunday, March 13, 2016 5:38 PM
    Sunday, March 13, 2016 4:40 PM
  • Is this still necessary with the most recent updated SharePoint Server 2016 On-Premise?
    Tuesday, May 16, 2017 8:01 PM