none
Adding Vacation to an Enterprise Resource RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I'm using MSP 2010; SP1; MSP Server 2010 with administrator rights

My issue:

I am trying to add vacation time to a resource's calendar. I have selected the resources name in the resource centre in PWA and chose "Open". A new project plan is opened, but the name of the resource does not appear on the resource sheet, as expected.

Any thoughts on what I might check/change?

Thanks in advance

Shelleyb

Monday, February 25, 2013 6:11 PM

All replies

• Shelleyb,

Please verify for selected resource " User can be assigned as a resource" check box is selected from Manage users page (while editing user)

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, February 25, 2013 8:35 PM
  • She isn't a user, she is a resource

Shelleyb

Monday, February 25, 2013 8:40 PM
  • Okay, what is version of IE ? Is this issue specific to this resource only? Did you try any other resource?

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 12:00 AM
  • IE8 and it happens regardless who I select

I've also noticed that if Project is already open (no file, just the program) then I get an error message that says it cannot find the file.

If Project isn't open, then it opens project but does not add the resource to the resource sheet for editing.

Shelleyb

• Edited by shelleyb Tuesday, February 26, 2013 6:52 PM
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 6:46 PM
  • Shelly,

This might be diversion, but I think you can use , PowerShell script prepared by Amit Khare.

http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/sharepoint/Server-2010-Powershell-Add-75a83d84

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Friday, March 1, 2013 6:43 PM