Email format for conference ID RRS feed

• Question

• We use Office 365 E5 subscription.  When I create a Skype for Business meeting it lists the Toll number, followed by two commas, then the conference ID.  It's confusing for end users because it ends up looking like a really long phone number with commas in the middle.  The conference ID is also listed at the bottom of the email, so I would like to remove it from the phone number line.  I've seen other Skye for Business meetings that do not have this issue.

I know I can modify the text manually, but I was wondering if there's a global setting that would allow me to modify this for all users.  Below is an example.

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 4:08 PM

Answers

• Hi Joe,

Yes, the commas are not unnormal displaying and as you said it is designed for the usage of OneTapJoinForPSTNCalling on mobile.

You could find the more detailed introduction in the following articles, and the feature could be enabled and disabled by modifying the registry entry:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Skype-for-Business-Blog/Meeting-Invite-Updates-Windows-client-Formatting-Dial-In-String/ba-p/34730

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4042798/update-for-mobile-clients-to-join-pstn-calls-with-one-tap-in-skype-for

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by Joe Morphew Wednesday, November 28, 2018 6:14 PM
    Tuesday, November 20, 2018 11:00 AM

All replies

• Here's an example of a Skye for Business meeting one of my vendors sent, it is much cleaner looking.

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 9:46 PM
  • Hi Joe,

Based on my research, the display of meeting invitation that access code missing with two commas instead cannot be set from SFB Admin side.

It should be caused by the different Office version installed, here is a similar case that could be as the reference: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_sfb-mso_win10-mso_o365b/access-code-is-not-displayed-in-outlook-calendar/afd6c5fb-7900-4686-a1ca-519efacc8b50

We would suggest you compare the Outlook version with your vendor's, and try to use the same version as they used to see if it works.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Calvin-Liu Thursday, November 15, 2018 8:35 AM
    Thursday, November 15, 2018 8:32 AM
  • Hello,

I am using Version 1810 Build 11001.20074, but I've tested on older versions of Outlook and it did not impact the formatting.  I've also tested on Outlook Web Access and it looks the same.  So it doesn't appear to be related to the client software version.

I read in another forum that this format is intentional to make dialing from a mobile device easier.  It creates a hyperlink for dialing.  The commas add a pause then the conference code is entered automatically.  I tested and this worked well, but I'd still prefer the other format.

Thanks,

Joe

• Unmarked as answer by Joe Morphew Wednesday, November 28, 2018 6:14 PM
    Friday, November 16, 2018 3:35 PM
  • Hi Joe,

Yes, the commas are not unnormal displaying and as you said it is designed for the usage of OneTapJoinForPSTNCalling on mobile.

You could find the more detailed introduction in the following articles, and the feature could be enabled and disabled by modifying the registry entry:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Skype-for-Business-Blog/Meeting-Invite-Updates-Windows-client-Formatting-Dial-In-String/ba-p/34730

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4042798/update-for-mobile-clients-to-join-pstn-calls-with-one-tap-in-skype-for

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 11:00 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue. :) 

Kind regards, 

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, November 21, 2018 10:33 AM