IE8 problem unique to Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• There are years worth of complaints online about "Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site http://<var><Web site></var>.com. Operation aborted" and Microsoft even has KB articles about it in previous versons of IE.

Microsoft blames the websites and the websites say they're not the one's closing our browser.

This is up to about five times per day on Windows 7 with IE8.

What's most frustrating is the page loads - you can see it right there. Then this stupid popup message says "....Operation Aborted" and the page goes to a white screen.

So Microsoft, why the ____ are you "unloading" an already loaded page? And what are you going to do about it?

Before you tell me to throw out all my work, my histories, my passwords, my cookies, etc... let me inform you that I fell for that bad advice before. All it did was make me do more work and it never did help the loaded pages not unload.

This was never a problem with IE8 (or any other version of IE) in XP. It did not start until Windows 7 hence it's in this forum.

Thursday, December 23, 2010 4:21 PM

All replies

• I would try all webpages in compatibility mode, this force 'offline' is due to an ie issue causing to save all your cookies and files, i would recommend checking delete files after closing. 
    Professional In Computing - Please Contact for Help.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Thursday, December 30, 2010 9:29 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by hmmmm..... _ Thursday, December 30, 2010 3:48 PM
    Monday, December 27, 2010 12:15 AM
  • I would try all webpages in compatibility mode, this force 'offline' is due to an ie issue causing to save all your cookies and files, i would recommend checking delete files after closing. 
    Professional In Computing - Please Contact for Help.

That does not work. But thanks for the suggestion.
    Thursday, December 30, 2010 3:49 PM