none
Windows Server Essentials Configuration problem with Administrator Credentials AND Active Directory

Question

• Hi, I am currently using server running Windows Server 2012 R2 standard on company computer. 

Since i want to install Windows Server Essential Media Pack, I need to install Windows Server Essentials Experience role. After adding Experience role, I need to configure windows server essentials.  However, the Configure Windows Server Essentials Windows proceeds to Administrator Credential, I am instructed to enter the account to configure Windows Server Essentials. This account needs to be a member of the Enterprise Admins group, Domain Admins group, and local Administratos group on the target server.

Since that account is required to have a supreme right, I would like to know what would be published on active directory level after I enter the account and finish configuration?

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 7:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>I would like to know what would be published on active directory level after I enter the account and finish configuration?
    If there is no DC/Domain existing, Configure Windows Server Essentials Experience Wizard will force this server to be DC and create domain environment.

If there is existing domain environment, Configure Windows Server Essentials Experience Wizard will help you to configure this server as domain member server, or DC.

At the same time, server role such as AD CS, IIS will also be automatically installed. 

If I have any misunderstanding, or you have more question, please correct and provide more information.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 12, 2017 10:22 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 16, 2017 10:15 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if the reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Thursday, October 19, 2017 1:55 AM