sharepoint changes URLs in excel documents RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am trying to find work around for this problem from so many days.

When user add a link to sharepoint list from masterlist(that is macro created by some user) in excel and when it post back to sharepoint urls get changed and points to temp. internet folder or when another user open it, it changed to his temp. folder.

Manually added link works fine but the link added through masterlist is changing to temp. folder.

any suggestion?  

Is it sharepoint issue or excel ? we have upgraded excel from 2003 to 2010 but the problem stated again.

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, November 19, 2010 2:34 PM If you want ASAP answers ring MS Customer Services and don't post to a forum
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, November 19, 2010 2:35 PM Not an Excel Services question (From:SharePoint - Excel Services (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Friday, November 19, 2010 2:11 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It is a known issue. You have a Document library and when users Check out a Document and then Edit the Document and Check in Back, you noticed that the hyperlinks in the Document library is changing to the local folder on the Computer.

The workaround is to not check out the document to local drafts and use a Server Copy.

Hope it helps.

Xue-Mei Chang
    • Marked as answer by Lily Wu Thursday, November 25, 2010 8:29 AM
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 3:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It is a known issue. You have a Document library and when users Check out a Document and then Edit the Document and Check in Back, you noticed that the hyperlinks in the Document library is changing to the local folder on the Computer.

The workaround is to not check out the document to local drafts and use a Server Copy.

Hope it helps.

Xue-Mei Chang
    • Marked as answer by Lily Wu Thursday, November 25, 2010 8:29 AM
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 3:34 AM
  • I am also having this issue, what do you mean by using a server copy? I am editing from the server.
    Friday, January 16, 2015 6:32 AM