none
Entering multiple users for Logon as a Service User Right in Windows 7 Security Baseline RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to set up my security baseline for Windows 7 to give the "Logon as a Service" user right to multiple local accounts. How do I enter my list in the Cutomize setting value field so they are delimited and recognized as different accounts. This field doesn't allow multiple lines and I don't know what character I can use to delimit the account names.

I want to give these accounts that right: mssql$microsoftscm, tomcat, sqlserversqlagentuser$<LocalUserAccountName>-pc$microsoftscm, sqlserver2005sqlbrowseruser$<LocalUserAccountName>-pc, network service

(where <LocalUserAccountName> is the name of a local user account on the system)

Thursday, March 17, 2011 2:42 PM

Answers

• Never mind - I eventually found out I should use a comma to delimit items by looking at other user rights. It might be nice though to have this information available somewhere within SCM so admins don't have to go searching for it.

Maybe a help tab for the baseline item or a topic in Help for the SCM?

Thursday, March 17, 2011 3:33 PM

All replies

• Never mind - I eventually found out I should use a comma to delimit items by looking at other user rights. It might be nice though to have this information available somewhere within SCM so admins don't have to go searching for it.

Maybe a help tab for the baseline item or a topic in Help for the SCM?

Thursday, March 17, 2011 3:33 PM
  • That's a grat idea Hexezeichen, thanks!
    Kurt Dillard http://www.kurtdillard.com
    Friday, March 18, 2011 6:19 PM