Cannot download any Technet Eval Center software evaluations. RRS feed

• Question

• I tried to download Windows Server 2012 RS eval last night (October 2nd) and this morning (3rd) with Internet Explorer or Firefox from Win 7 and also from Win XP (different PC's) using IE and Firefox. 

I never get the POP-UP and 'save as box' even after the Akamai NetSession app is installed and running (I use IE or Firefox with a RUNAS "administrator" and RUNAS on the Akamai NETSESSION app). 

Netsession is running as netsession_win.exe as shown in the TASKMGR.  The Technet Eval Center indicates the software eval is downloading under the Actions menu, but I get no errors NOR a POP-UP with a "save as" and see no indication of any download occurring and see no network download activity (there is never a SAVE AS pop-up). 

Is there a best procedure or recommended method to download the evals from the Technet Eval Center?

Friday, October 3, 2014 6:28 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for posting in Windows Server Forum.

Which version you are trying to download (32 bit or 64 bit)?

Also please check that you have good speed internet connection to download the eval version from Tech center. In addition, check whether there is anything block form firewall side which prevents you from downloading. To access the Windows Store and to download and run apps, we need an Internet connection, a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768.

Windows 10 Technical Preview for Enterprise system requirements
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/dn798752

Hope it helps!

Thanks.

Dharmesh Solanki

TechNet Community Support

Monday, October 6, 2014 4:55 AM