none
Where and how to configure Exchange Server (FQDN) name? RRS feed

• Question

• Please bear with me as I am still learning..

What I am trying to do is to get Exchange 2007 set up and working with Outlook 2007.  I want to just make a small environment where users in the intranet are able to email back and forth.  I've successfully managed to install Exchange 2007 and a client access server, a hub transport server, and a mailbox server with the help of the TechNet library.  I've installed Outlook 2007 and am trying to set up a new e-mail account, but I am stuck on the Microsoft Exchange Settings: Microsoft Exchange server name.  Where can I find out where my Exchange server name is?  or.. What do I need to do on the Exchange Server to configure a server FQDN name?

Thank you for your help.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 8:09 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The exchange server name = the server name.

the fqdn of the server = servername appended by the dns name of your AD

Leif

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 8:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The exchange server name = the server name.

the fqdn of the server = servername appended by the dns name of your AD

Leif

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 8:16 PM
  • Hi Leif,  

Are you saying that it is the same name as the computer name of the Window Server 2008?  For example, if I go to start, and then right click on Computer, it shows the full computer name.  Is this what is needed for the Microsoft Exchange server name?

I always thought that it usually defaulted to something like mail.domain.com or dc.domain.com.

Thanks again.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 8:25 PM
  • It worked!  Thanks again.
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 9:16 PM
  • HI , 

When i right click on my computer all i can see is computer name and domain name..

Is my FQDN - computer name + domain name or something else.. i have tried but ididnt work.

Please help.

Monday, November 19, 2012 8:41 AM