none
How to add custom field in Project Profession 2013 which is available in Project Server 2013? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I am working on project server 2013.

I want to display one custom field  into the Microsoft Project Profession 2013 Programmatically which was created in project server. is there any way to achieve it??

I have found one method 'AddNewColumn' in InterOp.MSProject.ApplicationClass.

but i am not able to find any solid article on how to use it and all.

And also i want to hide one default column "Publish to Team Server" in mpp file.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards, Kartik Ghodasara Associative Software engineer, Synoverge Tech Pvt. Ltd. Ahmedabad Please vote or mark as answer if it helps...

Monday, January 27, 2014 5:01 AM

All replies

• Columns are defined in Tables in Project Professional. so you need the tableedit method. I advise you to get what you want working in Project VBA first, (you can record a macro of creating a table) then convert it for your Add-in. I also recommend creating the Table afresh each time (if it's local) as you can't guarantee that the table will still exist and not have been edited.

If the table is an Enterprise table then you need to have the rights to edit and Enterprise table as well. Keeping it local is often simpler so you can guarantee what your user sees.

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Monday, January 27, 2014 6:44 AM