none
MAPI error when using import-mailbox

All replies

• Hello,

It requires below permissions so make sure you have those on the user ID which you are using to run import-mailbox command.

• Exchange Server Administrator role and local Administrators group for the target server.
    • Full access to the target mailbox.

MAPI or service provider unspecified error comes when it has permission issue.

Friday, May 30, 2008 5:42 PM
  • Hi,

The account I'm using is member of Exchange Organisation Admins and Enterprise Admins. I've added it to the local admin groups on the cluster and on the 32 bit server I'm using for conversion. I have full access rights on the mailbox as well.

I think the problem should be somewhere else

Thx

Friday, May 30, 2008 10:14 PM
  • Hi,

Can you post here full error with code? which may give us more clue...

Saturday, May 31, 2008 8:02 AM
  •  

Sure, here you go (but it's in French ;-))

Import-Mailbox : Une erreur a été trouvée pour Bonnefous Katia (k.bonnefous@cg
    8.fr) car : Une erreur s'est produit à l'étape : Déplacement des messages. Éch
    c de la copie des messages dans la banque de boîtes aux lettres de destination
    avec l'erreur :
    MAPI ou fournisseur de services non spécifié.
    N° ID : 00000000-0000-00000000, code d'erreur : -1056749164
    Au niveau de ligne : 1 Caractère : 15
    + Import-Mailbox  <<<< -Identity k.bonnefous -PSTFolderPath e:\psts

Saturday, May 31, 2008 10:51 AM
  • Hi,

I don't think any other issue apart of permission on mailbox of user k.bonnefous@cg8.fr.

if you are using "Administrator" account then create a new service account and give Exchange server admin & local admin rights and full permission on mailbox and try with it.

Saturday, May 31, 2008 12:06 PM