none
ADFS testenvironment issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

We have a primary o365 tennant at domain "contoso.com" and a working ADFS setup with it, it also includes multiple subdomains and all users are authenticated when logging in at portal.office.com with their username@contoso.com

However we would like to setup a test tennant also with our test ActiveDirectory domain. I have create a subdomain say dev.contoso.com and add it to our test tennant that is all well, however when  i go to portal.office.com and add my login information i will be routed to our primary ADFS due to the "contoso.com" prefix.

Is there any way i can get around this so that my subdomain dev.contoso.com will be routed to my test ADFS servers and authenticating me correctly to login to my o365 test tennant.

Thanks in advance!

Thursday, November 10, 2016 10:11 AM

Answers

• It would have been possible if you had created the subdomain first and then the top domain.

Oh and I am not saying that you should delete your stuff and re create it. This is more of an Office 365 question than an ADFS. Maybe you'll have more chance asking the question in an Office 365 forum.

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Friday, November 11, 2016 10:50 PM
    Owner