none
SearchList Registry RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

We deployed folder redirection, among them is the user's desktop.

Recently some users don't get their desktop on the first login but they do get it after the 2nd one. While troubleshooting I found that the "Append these DNS suffixes" was enabled and our FQDN was in there.

I checked our GPO and did not find anything. However, I found the SearchList registry key under the TCPIP key.

Our DHCP is configured with option 15 but not with option 119 and we do have skype for business in our organization.

Anyone has any idea?

Thanks

Saturday, March 31, 2018 5:10 AM

Answers

• I deployed a GPO with registry to set the computers to use DHCP devolution.
    • Marked as answer by Rahamim Thursday, May 10, 2018 10:34 AM
    Thursday, May 10, 2018 10:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your question.

To have a better understanding, could you help me to collect more information about this issue:

1.<< We deployed folder redirection, among them is the user's desktop.

Recently some users don't get their desktop on the first login but they do get it after the 2nd one.

What’s the meaning of this sentence?

2.The DHCP option 15 is DNS domain name. But, which function of the DHCP option 119?

3.Which goal do you take effect?

Highly appreciate your effort and time. If you have any questions and concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards, 

Michael 

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, April 2, 2018 2:59 AM
  • Hi Michael,

1. When a user logs in after a restart, instead of getting his roaming desktop, he gets an alert telling the path is inaccessible. (Don't remember the exact error message and it is really hard to reproduce). After logging off and logging back in the user get the desktop normally. (Hope this clarify the scenario.)
    2. I searched to see if we configured DHCP option 119 but couldn't find it anywhere in our DHCP server...
    3. I didn't understand your third question. Can you elaborate please?

Rahamim.

Thursday, April 5, 2018 2:37 PM
  • I deployed a GPO with registry to set the computers to use DHCP devolution.
    • Marked as answer by Rahamim Thursday, May 10, 2018 10:34 AM
    Thursday, May 10, 2018 10:34 AM