Have to change resolution after every reboot. RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Guys,

I need an answer to my problem it's driving me insane. I have just got a new computer in the last few days and we installed Windows 7 on it only to find that it had already been activated on a different computer (according to the packaging though it says it can me installed on as many computers as we want) so for 3 days i was on windows 7 until it finally stopped working because i couldn't activate it. On windows 7, i had no problem - everything worked perfectly fine.

At the moment i have been put onto Windows XP (this is just temporary but i don't know for how long) it works - to a point. At the moment the only problem i have encountered is everytime i log onto my computer the resolution is set to 800x480 - i have to set the resolution back to what it should be - 1920x1080. I have to do it through my graphics card as well, because if i go into properties it will not allow me to set my resolution there for some strange reason :S

So yeah, i'm on Windows XP at the moment - My graphics card is also temporary until i can afford a better one so i'll have it for a while but it is: ATI Radeon HD 5400 series.

Something else as well, if someone could recommend a decent gaming graphics card that is AMD and can run games such as Diablo 3, Most source games and other high graphics games, all on full settings, please let me know :)

Thanks ♥

Monday, July 2, 2012 11:58 AM