Preview Dashboard Output created using "Dashboard Designer" without Sharepoint Server 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• The situation is:
    The single box is configured with:
    Windows Server 2008
    SQL Server 2008
    PerformancePoint Server 2007 with SP2

Now I am able to create all the Dashboard Elements (Grids, Charts, Scorecards etc...) in my Dashboard Designer and also able to see the output in Dashboard Designer itself. I am also able to publish all these elements on Monitoring Server.

However when I am creating Dashboard and putting all the items in pages, I can only view the Structure of the Dashboard. If we really want to see the output, its always previewed using the Preview Website of Sharepoint Server 2007.

Now, I dont have Sharepoint Server 2007 installed in this box. I need to know is there is any other way to preview the Dashboard output without installing the Sharepoint Server 2007.

Thanks,
    Ajay
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 5:33 AM

Answers

• Hi Ajay,

WSS / MOSS is prerequisite for Monitoring Server.  The Preview site creates a Folder (guid name for the Dashboard) in the Preview Folder located in in the installed folder of Monitoring Server.    My suggestion is try installing WSS which requires minimal configuration most likely will create a SQL Server 2005 Express Database which should not affect your SQL Server 2008.

Thank you,
    Sundar - MSFT
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Ajay555 Thursday, March 12, 2009 3:19 AM
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 5:44 PM

All replies

• Hi Ajay,

WSS / MOSS is prerequisite for Monitoring Server.  The Preview site creates a Folder (guid name for the Dashboard) in the Preview Folder located in in the installed folder of Monitoring Server.    My suggestion is try installing WSS which requires minimal configuration most likely will create a SQL Server 2005 Express Database which should not affect your SQL Server 2008.

Thank you,
    Sundar - MSFT
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Ajay555 Thursday, March 12, 2009 3:19 AM
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 5:44 PM
  • Thanks for information Sundar. I was able to preview Dashboard using WSS. Just to be clear, does Monitoring Service website uses WSS internally to preview Dashboard pages?

Thanks,
    Ajay

http://ppsinfo.blogspot.com/
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 3:19 AM