I DO NOT want 2016 Outlook to remember login. I want Outlook to prompt for password login. RRS feed

• Question

• I hope you can help me too.  I need to take more into consideration.   My account is a Red Cross email remembering my login and I DO NOT want 2016 Outlook to remember.  I want Outlook to prompt for password login.  

Red Cross IT does not know how to ungray 2016 Outlook software auto login telling me I have to accept as is.  Access to make correction in 2016 Outlook software is grayed out permitting only auto login not prompting for password.  Occasionally we share computers NOT emails and prompting for passwords should be a personal choice.   I float working my office <> home computers too.     Could you please provide me instructions to resolve problem – ungray box to NOT remember password login?   

navymama72

kathleen.austoshea@redcross.org 

Thursday, May 11, 2017 2:56 AM

All replies

• Red Cross IT does not know how to ungray 2016 Outlook software auto login telling me I have to accept as is.  Access to make correction in 2016 Outlook software is grayed out permitting only auto login not prompting for password.  Occasionally we share computers NOT emails and prompting for passwords should be a personal choice.   I float working my office <> home computers too.     Could you please provide me instructions to resolve problem – ungray box to NOT remember password login?   

What exactly are you referring to - an Outlook.com email account accessed via you're browser or accessing your email via Outlook '2016 desktop client. Two entirely different things.

In terms of the Outlook desktop client - solution is to create different Windows accounts for each user.

if this refers to using your browser then make sure you log out of your account when done and ensure that whatever browser being used on the machine doesn't remember login credentials (nothing to do with an online email account or Outlook '2016 desktop)

Karl Timmermans [Outlook MVP] "Outlook Contact Import/Export/Data Mgmt" http://www.contactgenie.com

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, May 17, 2017 10:01 AM
    Thursday, May 11, 2017 11:11 AM