Resolution not displayed in SSP? SCSM 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• I've noticed an interesting quirk (if you will) in the SSP for SCSM 2012. When an IR or SR is Completed or Resolved, the resolution notes do not show up in the portal for the end user to see. Normally this isn't an issue, as my Helpdesk team responds to every individual directly to let them know their ticket is resolved, but I find this odd.

Upon further investigation I noticed that unlike SCSM 2010, 2012 doesn't appear to place the resolution in the Action Log (?!). Since the Silverlight webpart only appears to display the action log to the end user, there is no way for them to see the resolution?

Is there anything that I need to, or can configure differently to ensure that resolution/completed notes are added to the action log, or if there is something that can be configured on the web part to actually display a resolution to the only person that matters, the end user?

• Edited by Marcel Hager Wednesday, January 16, 2013 12:41 AM
    Wednesday, January 16, 2013 12:40 AM

All replies

• mine displays the Resolution under the "Request Action Log"

- it is an arrow you click.

Are you using the Exchange Connector maybe?

As long as you learn something new every day, the day is not wasted.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 8:54 AM
  • No, mine does not display this at all. I've confirmed in the console that the Resolution and Results (IR and SR respectively) text is never added to the Action Log, so therefore is not viewable in the portal by the end user.

The action log never gets an entry stating that the work item is complete, you have to click to the Resolution or Results tab to see that now. This was not the case in our 2010 implementation, but is now in 2012 for some odd reason.

Is there some setting that I am not aware of that will cause this to happen?

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 4:55 PM