none
Locked Tasks - Project Online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have an issue wherebye we need to stop completed project tasks from being available for assigned resources to bill to.

I have found that the "Locked" field is available only in the browser and if you set it to "yes" this has the desired effect.

However this also has an undesired effect when a user tries to add legitimate tasks to their timesheet. A selection box for the whole project as well as the unlocked tasks appears and if a user selects both as per the attached screenshot - they cannot proceed with the adding of the task to their timesheet. They need to untick the project level checkbox before clicking "ok".

Note in the below image the first BAU project has locked tasks. The Financials Demo project does not.

With 400 impacted users this is causing a lot of support requests and is not desirable behaviour. Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience and/or has any suggestions. Many thanks.

Thursday, February 9, 2017 11:24 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Not sure I understand your request, I assume you DONT want people to be able to report at project level but only at task level.

If it's the case you can change this on the Settings > Timesheets settings and defaut, in which you will find the check box "<label for="ctl00_ctl00_PlaceHolderMain_PWA_PlaceHolderMain_ctl07_ctl03_idAllowProjectLevelCheckbox">Allow top-level time reporting" which you can untick</label>

<label for="ctl00_ctl00_PlaceHolderMain_PWA_PlaceHolderMain_ctl07_ctl03_idAllowProjectLevelCheckbox">Hope this helps</label>

<label for="ctl00_ctl00_PlaceHolderMain_PWA_PlaceHolderMain_ctl07_ctl03_idAllowProjectLevelCheckbox">Jeremy</label>

• Proposed as answer by Jeremy Cottino Wednesday, February 15, 2017 8:46 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Franko 123 Wednesday, February 15, 2017 10:38 PM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2017 8:46 AM
  • Hi Jeremy, you are correct - we don't want users to record time at the project level and yes we have that setting already checked. The issue definatley relates to locked tasks... Thanks anyway.
    Wednesday, February 15, 2017 10:37 PM