none
Ransomware Virus Help RRS feed

• Question

• Hey All,

Recently got it with the Ryuk Ransomware virus and potentially Cryptowall as well.  Is there any piece of software out there that will assist in cleaning this mess up.  Not necessarily worried about the encrypted files.  But the servers are beat up from it.  DHCP, DNS and so on.

Just curious and thanks in advance.....

Jesse

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 5:53 PM

All replies

• There are no microsoft tools, but might ask trend micro, Norton and the like.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 6:03 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting in Technet.

Here is a Microsoft security report about this, please check whether it is helpful. You can get more information in this site:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/malware-encyclopedia-description?Name=Ransom:Win64/Ryuk.A&ThreatID=-2147237164  

Please feel free to let me know if you need any assistance.

Best Regards,

Eric

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 8:16 PM
  • Hi

Would you mind letting me know the result of the suggestions? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Best Regards,

Eric

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 12, 2019 8:17 PM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using other’s reply, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Eric

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 6:17 PM