Activating 80 computers with Office 365 RRS feed

• Question

• I need to configure 80 computers for an expo and they will be using a generic log on for testing. These computers will need access to Office 365 Pro Plus for Excel, PowerPoint, etc.

The issue is with shared activation that Microsoft doesn't give a specific number for the activation limit. Since Office 365 is only subscription based I can't do a perpetual license for Office 2016. But since this expo will be offsite I can't have each of our users log in and out of these systems, also many of these will be used by clients demoing a product.

Any advice on how to approach this situation?

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 10:21 PM

Answers

• >>The issue is with shared activation that Microsoft doesn't give a specific number for the activation limit.

For Shared Computer Activation (SCA), there is no activation limitation. But each user will have to log on to the computer with his/her Office 365 account (the user has to be licensed to use Office 365 ProPlus).

>> since this expo will be offsite I can't have each of our users log in and out of these systems

(If I have understood the description correctly) SCA seems not applicable to this scenario.

Not sure what's the network configuration of this expo, for these public computers, the proper licensing method would not be O365 - it would be to purchase Volume License of Office and license it per device. That allows an unlimited number of users to use it on that one device.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 17, 2017 7:06 AM

All replies

• >>The issue is with shared activation that Microsoft doesn't give a specific number for the activation limit.

For Shared Computer Activation (SCA), there is no activation limitation. But each user will have to log on to the computer with his/her Office 365 account (the user has to be licensed to use Office 365 ProPlus).

>> since this expo will be offsite I can't have each of our users log in and out of these systems

(If I have understood the description correctly) SCA seems not applicable to this scenario.

Not sure what's the network configuration of this expo, for these public computers, the proper licensing method would not be O365 - it would be to purchase Volume License of Office and license it per device. That allows an unlimited number of users to use it on that one device.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 17, 2017 7:06 AM
  • Hi Sergio,

How is it going?

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Thursday, February 23, 2017 7:07 AM
  • This is what we needed to do, we installed Office 2016 Pro Plus and got a MAK key for these systems. Thank you.
    Wednesday, March 1, 2017 10:11 PM