Microsoft VMBus Network gets corrupted automatically RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have a problem regarding my VMs running Windows Server 2008 R2 HUB / CAS role in exchange 2010.

Here's some more information with regards to the VMs:

• Enabled MAC spoofing in VM
    • Configured as HUB / CAS servers
    • Configured as CAS arrays

My problem is that both VMs Network Adapters became corrupted just randomly. What happened was I started the VM, was able to log in to the VM, but the VM showed only the desktop (no explorer.exe, etc). I shut down the VM using Hyper-V but when I started it again, network adapter is already corrupted.

What happens is the LAN symbol in the notification bar hangs and when I try to start Network and Sharing Center it just freezes and takes forever to load. When I look at Device Manager, I don't find the "Microsoft VMBus Network Adapter".

First, I tried removing the network adapter in the Hyper-V VM settings then re-adding it, but to no avail. I also tried adding other network adapters.

I tried re-installing Integration Services using the "Insert Integration services disk" but when I restart the server, it gets stuck on "Preparing Windows for Configuration" at startup.

Now I'm going to re-install my HUB / CAS servers and it really frustrates me.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Or maybe the cause of it?

Thanks

• Edited by WATER004 Sunday, May 6, 2012 2:42 PM
    Sunday, May 6, 2012 2:10 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the answers.

Experienced it again now. I tried a different approach: I tried to ping other computers from the problem computer. To my surprise, it was still working. However, I can't access the Network and Sharing center because it takes forever to load.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Edit: I guess it's only an error with the display; it was still working as I said.

• Edited by WATER004 Thursday, May 10, 2012 5:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by WATER004 Thursday, May 10, 2012 5:00 AM
    Monday, May 7, 2012 5:46 AM

All replies

• Hello, 

Hope the below thread will help you some how!!!

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-AU/winserverhyperv/thread/8667aed0-e749-4ef6-a8c6-ba516ead7985

Regards, Ravikumar P

Sunday, May 6, 2012 2:59 PM
  • Hi,

but the VM showed only the desktop (no explorer.exe, etc)
    >> This is a general Windows system issue instead of a Hyper-V issue. It seems that the system didn’t boot properly, this may cause by virus or broken system files.

I shut down the VM using Hyper-V but when I started it again, network adapter is already corrupted.
    >> Shutdown the VM using Hyper-V Manager is something like push the power button on the physical computer to power off the computer by force, and this may cause file break.

Monday, May 7, 2012 2:41 AM
  • Thanks for the answers.

Experienced it again now. I tried a different approach: I tried to ping other computers from the problem computer. To my surprise, it was still working. However, I can't access the Network and Sharing center because it takes forever to load.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Edit: I guess it's only an error with the display; it was still working as I said.

• Edited by WATER004 Thursday, May 10, 2012 5:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by WATER004 Thursday, May 10, 2012 5:00 AM
    Monday, May 7, 2012 5:46 AM