Audiocodes 1000 Routing Faxes Question RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

Just wonderign if anyone can help need some help setting up fax routing on a Audiocodes 1000 between 2 gateways in a Lync environment

Currently i run a Mediant 1000 with 4 E1 Incoming Lines and then 12 Analog FXS ports and this config worked fine, but recently i have experienced spontaneous reboots and still trying to track down the cause to add some further reduancy i would like to add a second Mediant 1000 as reduancy in the Lync setup and split the 4 E1 Lines into each gateway, so if one gateway is down calls will still be available for calls

The issue i am having is succesfully routing incoming \ outgoing faxes to the Gateway where the fax is connected via an FXS port with 2 Gateways, so for exampe if the fax arrives on the gateway with no FXS port redirect fax to the correct gateway with attached FXS port

I thougt it would be as easy as in the Tel to IP Routing specify the IP address of the correct gateway but this does does seem to work

Does anyone have some suggested config method/ examples how they would get this working

Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:52 AM

Answers

• This looks like a real Audiocodes support question, maybe not the best place to post here.

- Belgian Unified Communications Community : http://www.pro-lync.be -

• Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Friday, June 15, 2012 6:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sharon.Shen Friday, June 29, 2012 9:28 AM
    Thursday, June 14, 2012 7:37 PM
  • Are analog faxes lync enabled and have CsAnalogDevice object assigned in Lync Management Shell? Does Gateways use Lync as a Sip proxy? The fax will be redirected to the gateway, that has been set in the CsAnalogDevice in Gateway option. For example, if incoming from PSTN fax considered, then the call should be routed from the Mediant 1000 to the Lync (as a sip-proxy for example), and after that redirected to the appropriate gateway (which has a fax device attached via FXS port) according to the gateway option in CsAnalogDevice.
    • Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Wednesday, June 27, 2012 9:17 AM
    Tuesday, June 19, 2012 7:52 AM

All replies

• This looks like a real Audiocodes support question, maybe not the best place to post here.

- Belgian Unified Communications Community : http://www.pro-lync.be -

• Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Friday, June 15, 2012 6:42 AM
    Thursday, June 14, 2012 7:37 PM
  • Hi,there,

Agree with Johan,it should be a Gateway configuration not Lync configuration issue,you may need ask the AudioCodes gateway support engineer to verify if it supports redirection call or assign the special incoming call for Fax to dedicated gataway.

B/R

Sharon

Sharon Shen

TechNet Community Support

************************************************************************************************************************

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.

Friday, June 15, 2012 6:46 AM
  • Hi All

I have posted more out of desperation as support here in Australia for the Audiocodes devices support is not very good\ adequate

They rely on Reseller\ Thirdy Parties to provide support and as such organistaions such as myself who do things in house are at a disadvantage as these thirdy parties only provide support for break fix / bugs and not a general support\ config questions

They then charge professional services fees for any gateways config related issues

If i was able to deal direct with Audiocodes for support like any other major vendor like Microsoft, etc then i would definitely be directing my questions to them

Friday, June 15, 2012 7:03 AM
  • Are analog faxes lync enabled and have CsAnalogDevice object assigned in Lync Management Shell? Does Gateways use Lync as a Sip proxy? The fax will be redirected to the gateway, that has been set in the CsAnalogDevice in Gateway option. For example, if incoming from PSTN fax considered, then the call should be routed from the Mediant 1000 to the Lync (as a sip-proxy for example), and after that redirected to the appropriate gateway (which has a fax device attached via FXS port) according to the gateway option in CsAnalogDevice.
    • Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Wednesday, June 27, 2012 9:17 AM
    Tuesday, June 19, 2012 7:52 AM