Build 10061 Network error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello... I recently updated my system to build 10061, but now I am having problem with my network. I use a VPN dialer to connect to internet, even after a successful dial, network doesn't show connectivity and displays a yellow exclamation mark on the icon in system tray. I can browse the internet but cannot download apps from windows store. I also have problem with windows update due to this. Can anyone guide how to resolve that?
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 9:26 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Any error message prompted? According to your description, both issues should be related to Windows Update Agent, the connection problems concerning Windows Update or Microsoft Update.

I recommend you temporarily turn off the firewall and anti-virus program in case incorrect configuration might block the connection.

Pleaes also run the built-in windows update troubleshooter and check if it can give us any DiagnosticLog.

I recommend you refer to this guide to troubleshoot the connection issue (some troubleshooting steps can be helpful)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/818018

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 2:32 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Any error message prompted? According to your description, both issues should be related to Windows Update Agent, the connection problems concerning Windows Update or Microsoft Update.

I recommend you temporarily turn off the firewall and anti-virus program in case incorrect configuration might block the connection.

Pleaes also run the built-in windows update troubleshooter and check if it can give us any DiagnosticLog.

I recommend you refer to this guide to troubleshoot the connection issue (some troubleshooting steps can be helpful)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/818018

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 2:32 AM
  • No, I didn't get any error message and have turned of my firewall.

I found one thing in network properties that even after a successful connection, it is showing no network access for ipv4/6.

I am providing you the DiagnosticLog of Window supdate Trouble SHooter.

Windows Update Publisher details

Potential issues that were checked
    Default Windows Update data locations have changed 
    Default Windows Update data locations have changedThe location where Windows Update stores data has changed and must be repaired. Issue not present

Potential Windows Update Database error detected None 
    Potential Windows Update Database error detected NonePossible issues may prevent Windows Update from keeping your system up to date. Issue not present

Windows Update components must be repaired 
    Windows Update components must be repaired. One or more Windows Update components are configured incorrectly. Issue not present

Potential issues that were checked Detection details

Default Windows Update data locations have changed Issue not present
    The location where Windows Update stores data has changed and must be repaired.

Potential Windows Update Database error detected None Issue not present
    Possible issues may prevent Windows Update from keeping your system up to date.

Windows Update components must be repaired Issue not present
    One or more Windows Update components are configured incorrectly.

• Edited by Mirzzaa Sunday, May 10, 2015 6:29 AM
    Sunday, May 10, 2015 6:24 AM
  • Hi,

"I found one thing in network properties that even after a successful connection, it is showing no network access for ipv4/6."

I recommend to reisntall the network adapter driver for the connection and check if it can make any difference.

Regarding to the errors for Windows update, after running the Windows update troubleshootor, does the issue persists? According to the DiagnosticLog, "Issue not present", so may be we can check again.

Now we have 10074 insider preview, I recommend you upgrade to the latest version and check if it can make the system more stable.

Regards

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 1:45 AM