none
Should I use DirectX/C++ or SFML/C++ or MonoGame/C#? RRS feed

• Question

• I am fluent in DirectX with C++ as well as MonoGame with C#, and I think that they are both great APIs. I have also dabbled in SFML and really enjoyed using it. But my question is:

Should I use DirectX/C++ or SFML/C++ or MonoGame/C# for a commercial game project?

I intend for it to run on the PC but Mac (with MonoGame) is a nice bonus too. I know that C++ obviously has better performance than C#, but I don't know how big that difference is since I have a pretty high end PC and I've never really experienced a FPS drop in either libraries.

I prefer the MonoGame API since I developed in XNA for a while and C# is definately my favourite programming language. I can't give an real opinion on SFML as I have only used it in a few projects, but I think DirectX is very well designed. By the way, I would like to use Visual Studio 2015 as my development platform, but may move to VS 2017 when it is fully released.

Thank you for reading (or hopefully answering!) and I hope you have a brilliant day wherever you are!

- Surge Crafter

Monday, December 19, 2016 5:42 PM

Answers

• Surge,

Sorry but you have posted to a forum that deals exclusively with questions/issues about Microsoft Project, a project management application. I suggest you re-post to the following forum:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=whatforum

John

Monday, December 19, 2016 9:09 PM

All replies